Vitebsk became the first Belarusian city where the tram appeared, it happened in 1896.
Museum of Vitebsk Tram itself was opened in 1966. The museum’s exposition consists of 5 parts, each of which tells about a specific time period:
- Construction and start-up in 1897–98 – the October Revolution, 1918–1941;
- Vitebsk trams during WWII;
- Restoration and post-war development (until the 1970s);
- History of trams and trolleybuses from 1970 to the present day.
In total, there are more than 2000 exhibits on display:
- Car models;
- Photographs and paintings;
- Route maps;
- Diagrams, etc.